Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stupid brain

I keep meaning to post new stuff on here, however my brain always goes dead as soon as I log onto blogger. What makes things more frustrating is during the day, something usually comes up that would be great to talk about. I'm giving serious thought to carrying a pen and paper wherever I go, that way I can take notes on my day and give my brain a kick-start.

I finally finished the Python script I talked about in an earlier post. It ended up being quite a bit more challenging that I thought, and I know it has a lot of room for improvement. However for the short amount of time I spent on it, I'm quite happy with how it turned out and how well it works. There something magical about taking a task which would normally take a couple hours, and seeing it happen in a few seconds. Cross sync'ing the contents of a project in 2 Perforce servers is probably one of the most horrific and mind numbing tasks I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment