Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finally online

So I finally got around to setting this up. I put off doing this for about 2 months because I couldn't figure out a name I liked. Sounds insane now that I think about it...but I'm a stickler for little details like that.

I decided to start this so I could share some of the experiences, lessons, tricks and tweaks I've come across during my time as a games/serious games developer. What are serious games? The short answer is using game technology and ideas to develop engaging training software (Wikipedia's definition if you like). Before I started working full-time, I spent a large portion of my college time as one of the lead programmers for the UT2004 mod Red Orchestra. That was a quite an experience, during my time there we won Phase 2 and 3 of the Make Something Unreal Contest for best FPS mod. The experience and exposure from Red Orchestra is what eventually landed me my first (and still current) job in the industry.

The next couple posts will be advice on how to break into the game industry. I know it's a pretty jaded topic, but since I lived through it I might as well share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment